Governor Murphy announced that the universal school mask mandate will be lifted effective March 7.
According to the announcement, NYSA has decided to follow their own decision regarding mask wearing effective Mar 14.
This is not to completely stop wearing masks, but rather to ease restrictions on wearing masks at their own decision.
When at school, all students, parents, teachers, and visitors are still required to :
1. Check your body temperature with the thermometer provided at the entrance of the academy.
2. The hand sanitizer provided at the academy must be used before and after class upon arrival.
3. The academy will provide masks upon request to those who still need them.
4. Educate your kid/s to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or put them on their elbows when coughing or sneezing.
If anyone has symptoms, has tested positive, or have been exposed to those with Covid-19,
school visits will be restricted, and scheduled lessons will be turned to virtual lessons.
Please do not attend classes and lessons if the student or any member of the student’s family is sick, especially if experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms.
- Take online lessons at home (Same schedule / Contact us as soon as possible)
- If need, please post the cancellation on google classroom/communication/schedule change request
(24 hours in advance / send text message to 201-787-9911)
Please note that school access is restricted, and lessons are not available
if there are any symptoms or inappropriate body temperature tests. Also, in this case, you cannot apply makeup, so please pay special attention.
If you have been traveling (We follow CDC guidelines.) :
Stay home and self-quarantine for 1 week after travel, even if you test negative at 3-5 days.
If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
* Except for those who have been vaccinated, have tested negative for Covid-19, and are asymptomatic.
If you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or have symptoms (We follow CDC guidelines.) :
Quarantine if student/s or any family member have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19,
unless the student/s have been fully vaccinated.
Students who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms.
However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 5-7 days after their exposure,
even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure. or until their test result is negative.